A Virtual 5K and 1-Mile Family Fun Run/Walk to Support the International Primate Protection League
IPPL is a grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the world’s remaining primates, great and small. Since 1973 we have worked to expose primate abuse and battled international traffickers. We also operate a sanctuary for gibbons (the smallest of the apes) in South Carolina and support primate rescue efforts worldwide, especially in countries where primates are native. Our goal is to keep these uniquely threatened animals safe from human cruelty, negligence, and exploitation, envisioning a world where all primates can thrive in their native habitats. We focus on:
- offering advisory and financial support for activities that promote the well-being of monkeys and apes, both in the U.S. and overseas
- granting financial assistance to primate rescue centers and grassroots advocacy groups that help protect primates and their habitat in countries where primates are native
- publicizing the plight of abused primates and organizing international protest campaigns
- conducting investigations of illegal international primate trafficking; and
- operating our South Carolina Headquarters Sanctuary for rescued gibbons who have come to us for a lifetime of compassionate care after former “careers” as laboratory subjects, discarded pets, and zoo exhibits.
IPPL is a registered 501(c)(3) U.S. charity (EIN 51-0194013). We value every donation, great or small, and take care to use all our supporter’s financial contributions wisely to benefit primates worldwide.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RUN/WALK?
A Virtual Run is a 5K that can be completed in your own neighborhood, at a local park, or even on the treadmill. Sign up, gather some friends, decide on a route, and get out and move! The best part is, you'll know that each step you take is helping IPPL!
USE THE IYR VIRTUAL RACE APP
The IYR Virtual mobile app syncs with all virtual races hosted on ITS YOUR RACE, including our event! After you are registered, click the link below to find out more information about the mobile app and how to use it for tracking your 5K or 1-mile race. You can also upload photos from your own personal race course, or share a selfie at the end!
DONATE TO IPPL
We're asking all participants to go a step further and continue your support! Consider an additional donation to IPPL
when you register for the virtual 5K. If you are not interested in the race, you can simply make a donation: